Saturday, March 3, 2012

Mixed Blues




This week I've been enjoying the challenges at Splitcoast Stampers.  This card is for Free For All Fridays: True Blue Flowers.  I'm a little late in getting my card done!

There are a couple of details i want to highlight on this card.  The scallop border at the bottom of the Marina Mist layer was made using the Creative Memories Border Maker System with the Scallop Stitch punch.  So fun to use and easy too!  I've had it for awhile, but now it's officially out of the box and in plain sight, so it will see more use!

The next detail to draw your attention to are the raised scallops bordering the center circle.  This was easy to do.  After I die cut a circle out of the Bashful Blue layer, I went around it with the SU slit punch.  I punched at 12, 6, 3, and 9, and then a couple of times in between. Then before layering onto the white and Marina mist layers, I popped up the scallops with dimensionals.  This was an idea I picked up on Pinterest and was waiting for the perfect opportunity to try it out! 

Off to stamp some more!

6 comments:

Carol L said...

This is such a pretty card with those assorted flowers! The bling really adds some serious pizazz too!

Judy McKay said...

My favourite colour scheme Paige.
Lovely card.

~Paola~ said...

awesome card..love the 3-D effect on it and the big flowers U stamped and cut out.TFS ♥

Leslie Hanna said...

I remember that slit punch trick! It looks great!

Darlene said...

Paige, this card is fresh, fun, cheery and sweet. Love all the extra details, teh embossing, the popping, the die cutting, all of it!

Margaret said...

LOVE this and not just because it's blue! Using the slit punch to make the upturned petals is brilliant and there are so many other wonderful details on this card as well!