Monday, January 27, 2014

A Copper Christmas

 It's "Anything Goes" at Christmas Card Challenges  this week and I'm entering this Christmas card to their challenge.





I started with a corrugated kraft card base from Michael's.   The vintage image is from a decoupage book I bought several years ago:  Alphabets and Ornaments by Anna Corba.  So I dusted it off and found this image to use on my card.  I thought that copper paper would be a good color to complement the image, so I pulled out a piece of brushed metallic copper paper and used a Martha Stewart border punch on the right edge.  I used Old Paper distress ink and rubbed it over the entire image to soften the bright white paper it was printed on.  I distressed the edges and curled two of the corners inward.  The image panel was popped up with dimensionals.  Before adhering the image I wrapped two kinds of lace trim around the front of the card.  Then I pulled out some paper roses I had in my stash and made an arrangement with colors to complement the image.  The stems were curled around a paint brush handle for fun.  Distress Stickles was added to the petals of the flowers.  The sentiment is from A Muse Artstamps and was inked with black StazOn.


For the inside of the card I used more brushed copper paper which was border punched.  A layer of ivory card stock was sponged with Old Paper ink and the corners were punched with a punch that coordinates with the border punch.



 Thanks for looking!

Off to create some more!

9 comments:

Winnie said...

So pretty Paige! Love the vintage image you used and the way you used the florals with the more rustic corrogated card! The old paper distress ink is one of my favorites!

Maxine D said...

Ohh Paige this is amazing - love all the vintage details, and those roses are gorgeous! Stunning creation.
Blessings
Maxine

jimlynn said...

Inside and out - stunning! I LOVE THAT FLOWER!!!! Your entire card is just beautiful Paige.
lynn

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW!!! This is gorgeous!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is just Gorgeous!!! Love the copper accents- love the inside all done too!

La Papera Gialla said...

Very elegant!
Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!
Monica - CCC DT

Alanna said...

What a beautiful card. It is absolutely stunning. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week.

Karen (karey2005) said...

Very pretty! Love the image and love the flowers! Thanks for linking up at Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N (DT)

Jenn said...

This is a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.