Monday, January 27, 2014

Let's Take A Road Trip!

"Let's Go Shopping!" is the theme at Come and Get It Challenges this week.  I'm not much of a shopper.....unless it's for crafting items!  There isn't much available locally so I try to take advantage when we go out of town to visit DD or either of our DSs.  Here is my "shopping" card to show how I like to spend my money!  This could be sent to a friend to invite them on a road trip in search of crafting goodies..




For this card I used kraft card stock for the base.  I placed Washi tape across the center and a bit lower on the right.  For the focal image I made an ATC sized panel and layered it on Real Red card stock.  The sentiment is made up of two different stamps.  The top portion is an old stamp from Embossing Arts.  The lower portion is from a SU set called "Carry On".  The two rubber stamp images are from D.O.T.S.  I colored in the word "stamps" and the rubber stamp images with Copics.  Red gingham ribbon was wrapped around the center of the ATC and then black and white Baker's Twine was wrapped around the ribbon and tied into a bow.  This panel was popped up with dimensionals.

For the inside of the card I used a white Top Note die cut that was punched with a Decorative Label punch.  Inside the opening I stamped the D.O.T.S. image three times.



Thanks for looking!
Off to create some more!

4 comments:

Diane said...

Very fun design Paige the kraft card stock really makes the colored paper pop.

Hugs diane

Barb said...

What a great card you've made, the way you layered the panel is wonderful and of course the sentiment so true. Thank you for joining us at CAGI challenge.

Maxine D said...

What a fun card Paige - love the sentiment(s), and your innovation in using two stamps to achieve the perfect sentiment for the card.
Blessings
Maxine

Jo Grason said...

so cool, I love the sentiment it's so true! Love your layout, thanks for sharing with us CAGI good luck xxx