Friday, January 31, 2014

Old-Fashioned Winter Fun

 I'm entering this card in two challenges.  One of the challenges is for Shopping Our Stash and the theme is "Cabin Fever".  With winter in full swing, I chose an image of a happy couple enjoying an outdoor activity: ice skating.  This card was planned around another challenge as well. Creative Knockouts is having a Tic Tac Toe theme and I chose the bottom row: metal embellishment, pearls/bling, and ribbon/twine.

Here is my card, details will follow:





The card base  is Sahara Sand with an embossed Sahara Sand layer.  I used some blue ribbon which coordinates with the blue patterned paper and solid layer.  The blue oval was cut with a Spellbinders flower oval die and the image was cut with a classic oval die.  Both ovals were sponged with Baja Breeze ink as was the rectangle layers behind the images.  I used a scrap of Baker's Twine for the tiny bow and two metal mitten brads for embellishments.  There are some tiny pearls in the two upper corners of the card.


 Thanks for looking!
Off to create some more!

7 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your card is beautiful - great colors and fabulous embossed background!

Margaret said...

Very pretty Paige. Your image is so striking and I love the colors that you've chosen.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully done! Love the image, and the embossing is a lovely backdrop!

Maxine D said...

Fabulous image Paige, and I love the colours you have used for the backgrounds.
Blessings
Maxine

Marcy said...

This is so pretty! That image is fantastic and I love the beautiful frame around it as well as the colors! :)

Margaret said...

Beautiful card! I really like the little mittens with the bow!

kel Acopan said...

oooooh what pretty colors! beautiful!

lovies, =o) kel